Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thing 12

What a cool site!

I chose to create a list of books that I have on hold or am currently reading.
http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=slindner&shelf=shelf

I love the cover view much better than the list. I like the uniform look to the page. I would love to be able to share book titles and thoughts with my friends that are readers. What a fun way to give each other ideas for good books!

Also on a personal level, this could really help me keep track of the books my husband has read. He reads a lot and I am getting to the point where I can't remember what he has read. We could create a page for him and keep track.

I can see a lot of possibilities with this page. I could use the list to keep track of the books I am wishing to read at some point. It would be a great visual reminder of all of the titles I think sound interesting when I order them or when I see them on a list somewhere. Unfortunately, I am really bad about remembering titles, so this would be awesome!

It would be useful to create a group for book discussions during summer reading or other library programs. It may work for the Golden Sower readers lists as well. I have recently taken over the Primary and Intermediate lists. This could be an additional tool that could be used - at least for my own use. We will see. I imagine book groups use this site a lot, if they are aware of it. I will share this site with the person in our library that hosts the book club festival. Then the information can be passed along to the book groups we know about. It would also be fun to have a staff reads page. Each staff member could contribute their favorite title to create a reading list with a lot of variety.

I think Library Thing has been one of the most beneficial discoveries for me so far (as far as use at the library). Can't wait to see what comes next!

No comments: