Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thing 7

I spent time trying the search tools to help find feeds. The easiest was Google Blog search. I seemed to have the most luck with this site. I also thought the Topix.net was interesting. It was nice being able to type in a variety of communities and seeing the news there.

I didn't really care for Syndic8 or Technorati. The pages seemed overwhelming to me. Maybe is was because I am new at this.

I did add a few more feeds that fit my interests both personally and professionally.
-Rachael Ray
-Split Coast Stampers
-Huskers
-School Library Journal
-Girl Scouts of America

I think if/when I add more to my list, I will probably just search for my favorite websites or magazines and go from there. If I am looking for something that I am not sure exists, my first choice would be the Google search.

I can see how the feeds would be useful when announcements are made about upcoming book releases, etc. I think I will delete the fun sites and then use the library related sites as needed.

No comments: