Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thing 21

With so many possibilities, I had a hard time coming up with topics to search. I recently withdrew a book on "The Fridge" and with talk about the upcoming Super Bowl, I decided to flashback to my childhood by watching the Chicago Bears and the Super Bowl Shuffle. Oh the memories! Oh the grainy film! I decided I had better search for topics a bit more library related... Book Cart Drill Teams, library renovations and Teen Spaces (to get ideas for the future).

Two I enjoyed viewing were: Tuscarawas County Public Library Renovations and Evanston Public Library Teen Zone. I know there are so many more out there. I will use You Tube in the future to do more investigative work related to expansion projects and youth library displays/designs.

I know renovation is a topic I have blogged about in the past, but currently it is one of the main priorities in our library. I think You Tube would be fun to use as we go through the stages of renovating and expanding our library. The public would get a first hand look at what is going on behind the scenes.

As I have mentioned on other blog posts, I don't think we can currently add items such as You Tube to our library page. We have a website that is linked to the City of Kearney. The site has a uniform look for all of the city departments. I don't think we can alter that look.

On a snowy day, trapped at home, it could be fun to look for videos from my teenage years.... Vanilla Ice's - Ice, Ice Baby or with legwarmers evidently coming back into fashion (ughhhh) why not take a look at Olivia Newton John's - Let's Get Physical (for a great laugh!)

No comments: