I spent a good deal of time trying the Flickr web applications and tools. I would try something and then share my results with a coworker. She thought it was fun and is interested in trying. At this point, I can't think of anything I will use the applications for that are work related. I usually have to ponder something a bit and then an idea comes to mind.
Flickrvision was entertaining. I could see how it could be interesting to sit and watch. It amazes me to think that people are posting these photos as we speak - from all around the world! Technology is amazing. I enjoyed watching the photos pop up and seeing where they were from.
Flickr Color Pickr (fun to say out loud!) was entertaining to me as well. It also amazed me that you can select a color from the wheel and in return many photographs would be displayed. Fun!
Montagr wasn't really my cup of tea. I spent very little time on it.
Spell with Flickr was pretty cool. I have a coworker that has her last name spelled out that way with photographs taken in our community. I tried a variety of names to see what they would look like. This could be useful in making handouts or brochures for programming.
Out of the extra web applications, I had the most fun with Bubblr and Dumpr. Again, not really sure of how they will be used at work. But, now when a patron asks, do you know where you can go to put bubbles on a photo, etc. I can answer them with confidence!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment