The end...well almost, I still need to IM yet. Haven't had luck catching anyone and will try in the morning. This has been such an exciting experience for me. I have made time (a bit too close the deadline for some of it) to learn a variety of new technologies that I would have NEVER made the time to do. The best part is that I know I can do it all and I had fun while I was doing it! I don't think I can say thank you enough. I feel completely comfortable sharing what I have learned with others. I have taught co-workers new technologies as well.
Because I love to take photos, I think my favorite things for personal use were Image Generators. I am also excited to try the site Animoto that Michael had mentioned to me. Won't my family be impressed with all of my new found talents!?!?!?!?!
Professionally, I have come away with many new tools to use: Delicious, Google Docs, Wikis, so much more.
I think overall, I was surprised I could actually do these things! By myself! Without calling the IT Dept! I am sure they are surprised as well. I hadn't heard of many of the things we tried. Each time I was surprised to see that they really could be useful in the world of libraries. I can't wait to use some of the tools in Summer planning. I just hope I can remember how to do everything. Use it or lose it! I have printed off the majority of the sheets so that I have them for reference. How long does this page stay active anyway?
I liked the format for the program. It was nice that it was available anytime of the day - all you need is a computer. I could work at home or at the library, whatever fit my schedule. It was much easier than trying to find time to attend several workshops. I liked being able to work at my own pace. I explored some of the things for hours at a time, which I could not have done at a workshop.
I would love to participate in another workshop of this type. This has been a very educational and entertaining program for me. I thank you for bringing this opportunity to us. I can't even begin to explain the amount of confidence you have given me in the world of technology! The CE credits are just a bonus. And now, when watching tv (Brothers and Sisters last week) when they mention Twitter, I can actually say "I have done that!".
Thank you all for your time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment